Sunday, June 15, 2014

How ESFJ Personality Compares to Me

   As an ESFJ personality typed person, I have many positive traits and, yes, negative traits. I believe that most of everything that I have read about the personality type really does go along with my personality I see of myself. An ESFJ person is a kind of person that puts all they got into their work and obligations, down-to-earth, take their responsibilities very seriously,orderly and organized, and are very energetic; which are all traits that I believe I obtain. However, on the down side, ESFJ people get their satisfactions from the happiness of other people, obsess over the control of their environment, take negative sayings/ thoughts negatively, and are bad about having a very dramatic illustrations when story telling which I also acquire all of these traits. 
    These traits help me in many ways when it comes to my writing.Very dramatic illustrations help my writing by helping me include so many details but also makes my writings usually long which my English teachers while growing up didn't like so well. Also myself being very organized I always get my work done; I have never missed turning in an assignment which may sound nerdy but school is important to me.
    However, these traits also bring some disadvantages. ESFJ people obsess over the control of their environment which brings me down due to the fact that I spend so much time changing what I write trying to make it perfect when sometimes the first thing I wrote was the best way to put it. I spend so many touches on the the keyboard on the backspace key that I am surprised that the writing is still there. Also I am always so worried that what I write is not good and that everyone will hate it. I guess that goes along with the fact that I get my satisfaction from others. If one person doesn't like my writing, I will never look at it the same. I will always want to change it even if I really is okay but the reading didn't suite just right for that particular reader. That is why I could never be a writer unless if I improve myself for the better.
   All these things really do apply to me, however, I am not certain they apply with every single person that ends up with the ESFJ personality type. I am kinda curious but I can't imagine so many people being exactly the same. I guess this is why I disagreed with some of the traits that all ESFJ people are suppose to have like not being open-minded (I love to hear others thoughts about something and ESFJs are good listers which clases with that idea), not having their own values (I have so many values that my friends, family, and community doesn't see as important to themselves), or even reading people very well (I don't always understand sarcasm especially in text). This means that my writing gets put on paper a certain way because that is the way I put it not because I am an ESFJ person and I have to have it a certain way because I am. That is the one thing that I want everyone to leave with in their heads today. Nice blogging to ya and have a good one!

-Chelsey Tennison

1 comment:

  1. Good reflection - Be sure to summarize well for your audience as they do not necessarily assume the same understanding that you have from working with the material. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete