Saturday, June 28, 2014

Family Makes Since

    People might ask me how do you deal with your family. The only answer I have for them is... well they are family. Yes family is crazy, blunt, weird, and even embarrassing but they are there for good. Family is there for you through times of mourning, times of happiness, and times of hardships (the extremes of all emotions).
    Family is there during the times of mourning. When someone dies in my family, we have a week long family get together unofficially. You always receive so much food as offerings of peace from extended family and friends. Therefore, to not put the food to waste, we take all the food to someone's house and eat and mourn together. There is nothing better than a shoulder to cry on, a child that can't help but to put a smile on your face, and some great food to get you through the long week. Also who wants to have to cook meals when you can barley keep yourself sane for five minutes.
    Family is also there during times of happiness. When you just scored your dream job, found out that you are having a baby, or even getting married family is always their to share the joy. Personally, when I have really good news the first thing I do is call all of my family to tell them. They are the ones that I want to know first. I always know that they are going to be proud and supportive of me; that's why I tell them first. Some of my best memories are from simple get togethers and everyone enjoying each others company.
    Family is also there through the hardships. Whether you lost your job, having a hard time making ends meet for the month, or unexpected bills such as medical bills come up your family is always there to help if you need it. One of my aunts was having a ultrasound while expecting a baby boy and they found out that his organs were growing outside of his body. There was too many risks to open her up and fix him in the wound so they were to either terminate the baby or carry him full term. Of course they decided to carry him full term to give him a chance because our family doesn't believe in killing. He lived through the pregnancy and as soon as he came out of the womb he was rushed to the operating room. He had several surgeries then and he still does ,every once in a while, to this day. My aunt and uncle had jobs but didn't have enough money for all of these unexpected bills so all of my family chipped in what little they could. With a lot of hard work and a loving family, everything got paid off and he lives a healthy, wonderful, full life now days. I know because of this experience that if I ever run into trouble my family will step in and help me out. That is how loving family is.
    Family is just beyond the best thing that has ever been given to me. I know that all of us together, we can get through anything the world throws at us. I love my family and that is what I am going to end this blog post on.

-Chelsey Tennison

6/28
    

No comments:

Post a Comment