Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Why I Love the Country

    I am pretty sure I could never live in the city (permanently at least). In the country you have privacy, peace in quiet, and a very good neighborhood watch. All of these things are very important to me.
    In the country, there is a lot of land so houses are separated rather than blocked up right next to each other. Also there is not such a big demand on housing in the country because it is not as close to the grocery stores and such. This means that there is a house about every mile or so. Now that is spacious. If I stay at someone's house in the city I always wake up at every car that drives by and wouldn't want my kids to play outside by themselves in case they were to get kidnapped. But since there is not a whole lot of people in the country cars rarely drive by and kids can play anywhere. My favorite place to play as a child was out in the woods; Mom would just holler out the door when it was time to come home.
    In the country, all you hear is the birds chirping, roosters crowing, or even dogs barking. You will hardly ever hear cars driving by, or neighbors fighting, or noises at night that keep you up which you might hear everyday in the city. I can go outside in my yard and take a nap to the sweet noises that people will get machines to do. I am never woke up in the night unless if it is by someone inside my own house (my family).
    Lastly I have the best neighborhood watch living in the country. Since I do not have a whole lot of neighbors, we all know either other very well. Every single one of my neighbors are either family or really close friends. If there is something strange going on you always get a phone call. One year we went on vacation and we had a friend come stay at our house to do chores everyday. We got several calls but didn't see them until after they had already paid a visit to the house to make sure the person (they didn't know we was leaving for vacation yet) wasn't breaking in. The friend watching our house cleared up the air but we reassured them just in case. Now we know to always let them know someone is staying at the house. But if she really had been breaking in we know that everything will be taken care of. I guess that is why we don't have any trouble around these parts.
    I love the country for so many more reasons that I have mentioned but those are just some of the ones that appeal to others wants. You have all those things and more. You get to walk in beautiful scenery, get to go fishing or hunting anytime and you just walk right on over, and lastly but my favorite you actually get to see the stars. I just absolutely love the country and would never be able to leave it for the city (unless forced)!

No comments:

Post a Comment