Thursday, July 17, 2014

Carpool Adventures

     A few weeks ago my good friend Kirsten started working with me at Wally word! She is a cashier and I am a Dairy associate. She lives pretty far away though, like 45 minutes. So I brought up to her that she should start staying with me to save money on gas and she accepted.
     The first time that she stayed, our friend Marisa, a foreign exchange student from our sophomore year, was at my house for a visit to America. Marisa lives in Guatemala (right below Mexico). So Kirsten tagged along while we showed her some of the most American things you can find. We went to a rodeo, mud racing, watched a big fireworks show on Fourth of July, Silver Dollar City, Titanic Museum, the arch, city museum, malls and more malls, and last but not least the fair! She had classic American food like corn dogs, funnel cakes, and of course hamburgers. She still likes her food better which is hard to imagine. Her favorite food from America is Pop tarts, believe it or not. She ended up taking 2 packages back home with her.
      The next time that Kirsten came to visit, I worked until 10 and she worked until only 5. So I told her to go ahead and go to my house. She did and when I finally got back she was asleep on my bed, Grey's Anatomy on the TV (my type of girl), and with a note beside her saying to wake her up, so I did. We ended up staying up for a long time and not waking up until it was time to go to work again.
     She is actually currently at my house now and I love it. Who would have thought that you could have so much fun carpooling!

No comments:

Post a Comment