Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Oh Troy Boy

    Last December on the 15th, our family's lives got flipped upside down. Just a normal Sunday morning and my cousin Troy was on his way to our church. He is 18 and works, goes to school, and still makes to go every Sunday. He pulled up to the train tracks that has no lights or anything just a stop sign and where you hardly ever see a train. He did a quick stop and go that a lot of people do but this time there was a train. I am guessing he had music on and was maybe running a little and didn't see it until it was too late. This roll through stop cost his life. My uncle (not his dad) lives close by and seen it happen and ran up to Troy and he was dead. He Was killed instantly.
    We saved him a spot at church and when he didn't show up we just thought he had to work or something. My dad was gone on a special hunting trip and we had our phones off because we were in church and didn't turn them back on until we were at Tractor Supply. We were there because mom wanted to try on some jeans and get a new pair after we had ate. She was in the dressing room when she said that she had 8 missed calls and she galled my grandmother back. Next thing I know my mom was yelling, "No mom... please.... no....no" (mind you we are inside of a public place). I was worried. I banged on the door and mom let me in. She got off the phone and tried pulling herself together but she was crying, hard. The only words that came out was, "Troy was hit by a train and he is dead."
    I seem to do well in emergency situations so I cried but I told mom that we needed to get home, tell dad and my brother, and we needed to head over to grandmas because that is where everyone always meets on that side of the family (mainly I just wanted to get out of Tractor Supply before management came over). So she was walking out when I noticed she still had the jeans that she tried on and she forgot her purse. I told her change back into your pants, grab your purse, and lets go.
    That coming week was normal (if normal for you is someone in your family dies). We cried, we mourned, and we ate. We all went through the visitation and the funeral. There was a lot of people there that tried to make you feel better and it does help some but healing process just takes time. Christmas was the next week and it was not the same at all. I have never been to a Christmas were the only noises you heard were the kids. Everyone was so quiet. His birthday was two days after Christmas; we just couldn't get a break.We all missed him so much.
    We missed him because he was such a big boy but with an even bigger heart. He was 6'5" but his favorite place to be was down on the ground with kids. He taught Sunday School classes, he worked in the nursery, and he even walked kids from the elementary to the high school if their parents worked there. He kept good care of God's children and I think the reason why he had to go to heaven so quickly is because he had to help care for all of the kids lost lately (school shootings and such). He loved to watch and play just about every sport. He enjoyed hunting, fishing, and just being one on one in nature. He was just an awesome guy that was more of a brother than a cousin to me.
    If I could take anything back form when he was here on this earth than I would take back being mad at him for taking my favorite hunting spot. He didn't really have anywhere to go and didn't know that is where I like to hunt but I was so mad at him. Now I realize that it was dumb of me and I would give him my spot for all of eternity if I could just have him back. If I could say something to him I would just have to plan and simple say I love you and I forgive you for all the times tattle tailing on me because that is what made the memories anyway.

Love ya Troy Boy,
Chelsey Tennison

07/02
   

No comments:

Post a Comment