Thursday, July 17, 2014

Redeeming Love

    For those of you who don't know, Redeeming Love is my absolute favorite book ever written! I love it and that is such a big understatement. I'm obsessed! In fact, I am so obsessed that I freaked out daily to my friends as new things were happening within the story.
    The book is based off of the book of Hosea in the bible. One doesn't even have to be a devoted christian to read and enjoy this book. But maybe, just maybe, it would help them find or take the next step in their journey with God.
    The story is set in 1850, in the middle of California Gold Country. Angel (the main character) is a beautiful, young woman with a troubled past. She doesn't forsee life getting any better, or going anywhere, for that matter. She is hopeless and numb.
    She was sold into prostitution at 8 years old. The only think she does in life is hate all the selfish people that come to see her. Then she meets Micheal Hosea (the man of my dreams).
    Micheal obeys the Lord's mission for him to marry Angel, and slowly, he begins to thaw her frozen heart.
    As this begins to happen, though, Angel is filled with feelings of unworthiness and fear, she flees. By the end of the story, readers realize that the only healing of her heart can come from is the one who created her. Even more than Micheal, the one that will not leave.
    There is so many reasons why I love this book. It teaches God's love and ultimate plan for one's life, it gives the hopeless hope, and it brings a classic bible story to a new, modern light.

No comments:

Post a Comment