Thursday, July 10, 2014

My Loving Grandmother

   July 31st 2012, a normal day. My parents and I were at my grandparents house helping out in the garden and in the house. My grandmother had helped pick green beans and peppers and even canned them that day. She was just her normal loving, selfless, quiet-spirited woman that I had the honor of calling my grandma.
    Late that night, we went back home to go to bed (like 10 minutes away). Just got into bed after showers and such when we got a call from grandpa. Dad couldn't completely understand him but knew he had to go back. We showed up and grandpa was in the bathroom crying. Grandma was on the floor. Admittedly my dad started CPR. I called 911 and my aunt that lived close by. Then stayed with grandpa becasue dad didn't want me in there.
     She never took a breath again. Dad couldn't even get her chest to rise. The ambulance showed up and pronounced her dead. She was getting ready to take a shower and had a stroke. Grandpa didn't hear her (he can't hear anything) and didn't go check on her until it was too late. The ambulance said that the stroke had blocked her airway so CPR would have never worked but they were glad we tried.
    The hardest thing to ever watch is you tough-guy grandpa cry. He held her hand all the way out the door and to the ambulance. He kept saying that he was so glad he got to know her and live his whole life with her and that he would not want it any other way.
    She was the sweetest, most-kindest lady that you could ever meet. She (even being 80 years old) would cook for people going through a rough time every Wednesday. She loved every single one of her 9 children and 24 grandchildren and she loved them equally. Every single one of us grandchildren knew that she loved us and that she would go to the ends of the earth for us. That is why I miss her so much. I think of her just about everyday. She is my role-model and I am honored that a lot of people say that I am like her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment