Thursday, July 17, 2014

My Stupid Gallbladder

    When in Guatemala last October, I had a wonderful time. I seen a lot of stuff and ate a lot of different foods that I am not used to. This made my gallbladder act up. On the plane ride home I had my first attack. It was the worst thing I have ever expedience. I seriously thought I was going to die. I sleep through it as much as could but the pain seemed to keep me up.
    When I got back mom took me to the doctor the next day. The doctor thought that I had just caught a bug while in Guatemala. He said that I would just have to wait it through and let my body kill it off. I eventually got better but was never the same.
    I got sick again about a month later. It was even worse. The worst part about it is (if you cannot deal with nasty stuff don't read this part) my poop was white. Yes white. So white that mom took me to the hospital thinking I was dying or something(which I felt like I was). I felt like I was stabbed in the rib and I couldn't even breath.
    The doctor finally thought that I must have gallstones so they took me in for an ultrasound. The test came out inconclusive, they didn't' find any stones. He said that since my stool was white that he was going to send me for another test, an nuclear medicine kind of test. They shot me up with radioactive material and video taped as they watched where it went. The test ended up showing that my gall bladder was not working hardly at all causing gall stone like pain.
    It turns out that when my mom was my age it did the same thing to her so I am guessing it is genetic. I ended up having surgery and getting it removed. So now I am an organ short and feeling much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment